The African Union (AU) is currently recruiting for various positions. The recruitment process is open to all eligible African nationals, regardless of their gender or country of origin.
To be eligible for a position at the AU, you must:
- Be an African national
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid African passport
- Meet the specific requirements of the position you are applying for
The qualifications required for each position will vary depending on the nature of the role. However, most positions will require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and relevant experience.
Available job vacancies
A list of all available job vacancies can be found on the AU recruitment website. Some of the currently available positions include:
- Deputy Director General of the Africa Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC)
- Accounts Assistant (ECOSOCC)
- Senior Legal Officer (ECOSOCC)
- Head of Division Transport & Mobility
- Head, Financial Audit Division
- Legal Counsel
- Specialist – Family Medicine
- Executive Director (STATAFRIC)
The AU recruitment process typically consists of the following steps:
- Application submission: Applicants submit their applications online through the AU recruitment website.
- Application review: The AU reviews all submitted applications and shortlists candidates for further screening.
- Shortlisting: Shortlisted candidates are contacted and invited to participate in interviews and/or written examinations.
- Interviews and assessments: Shortlisted candidates are interviewed by a panel of AU representatives and may also be required to complete written assessments.
- Selection and offer: Following the interviews and assessments, the AU selects the most qualified candidates and makes them offers of employment.
How to apply
To apply for a position at the AU, visit the official career portal at https://careers.au.int/en/jobs. Browse through the available job vacancies and select the position that aligns with your skills and interests. Read the job description, requirements, and qualifications carefully to ensure that you meet the criteria before proceeding with the application.
Prepare your application documents, which typically include a comprehensive CV, a cover letter, and any other supporting documents specified in the job advertisement. Complete the online application form provided on the website and fill in all the required details accurately. Attach your application documents and review your application to ensure that all information is correct and complete.
Once you have submitted your application, the AU will review it and shortlist qualified candidates for further screening. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted and invited to participate in interviews and/or written examinations.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips to help you succeed in your application for a position at the AU:
- Carefully read the job description, requirements, and qualifications to ensure that you meet the criteria for the position.
- Prepare a comprehensive CV and cover letter that highlight your skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Tailor your CV and cover letter to each position you apply for.
- Proofread your CV and cover letter carefully before submitting your application.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your skills, experience, and qualifications during the interview process.
The African Union is a great place to work for talented and motivated individuals who are passionate about making a difference in Africa. If you are interested in applying for a position at the AU, be sure to visit the official career portal https://careers.au.int/en/jobs and start your application process today.