DSS Recruitment 2023/2024: Everything You Need to Know
The Department of State Services (DSS) is a Nigerian government agency responsible for domestic security, intelligence gathering, and counter-terrorism. The DSS is currently recruiting new agents for the 2023/2024 session.
- Be a Nigerian citizen by birth
- Be between the ages of 21 and 30
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Have a valid birth certificate and means of identification
- Possess a bachelor’s degree, HND, ND, or NCE certificate from a recognized institution
- Not have any communicable diseases, criminal records, or secret society affiliations
How to Apply
To apply for DSS recruitment, you can either visit the official DSS website (www.dss.gov.ng) or visit the nearest DSS office in your state.
To apply online, you will need to create an account and provide your personal information, education and experience, and contact details. You will also need to upload two recent passport photographs and a scanned copy of your birth certificate.
To apply in person, you will need to submit a handwritten application letter, your complete statement of results, and a valid certificate of state of origin. Your application letter must be directed to the Director-General of the DSS and signed by the head of your local government area (LGA) or a top official in your LGA.
If you are shortlisted for DSS recruitment, you will be required to take a qualifying aptitude test and undergo a physical and medical examination. If you are successful in all stages of the selection process, you will be offered a position in the DSS.
Tips for a Successful Application
- Make sure you meet all of the eligibility requirements.
- Complete the application form carefully and accurately.
- Provide all of the required documentation.
- Write a well-written and persuasive application letter.
- Prepare for the qualifying aptitude test.
- Be physically and mentally fit for the job.