ECOWAS is a regional organization that recruits individuals from its member states to fill various positions in its departments and agencies. The recruitment process usually involves a written test and an oral interview.
This year, the ECOWAS recruitment exercise will be conducted virtually, with an online written test followed by video interviews for shortlisted candidates.
- Be a citizen of an ECOWAS member state
- Be between 18 and 50 years old
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Be fluent in English, French, or Portuguese
- Have relevant work experience for the position you are applying for
- Have the required certification for specialized positions
To apply, you must:
- Visit the ECOWAS recruitment website and create an account.
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload your CV and other supporting documents.
- Submit your application.
- The application deadline will be announced on the recruitment website.https://ecowas.int/careers/
Here are seven tips to help you succeed in your application and interview:
- Thoroughly research the position and department before applying.
- Tailor your CV and cover letter to match the job requirements.
- Practice for the online exams.
- Dress appropriately for the video interviews.
- Research the organization’s culture and values.
- Highlight relevant achievements in your application and interview.
- Follow up with a thank-you note after the interview.
The benefits of working for ECOWAS include:
- Competitive salaries and benefits packages
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Exposure to diverse cultures and experiences within the region
- Access to training and capacity-building programs
- The chance to work with a team of professionals committed to regional integration and development.