REVEALED: 10 FEATURES OF AKWA IBOM NEW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TERMINAL BUILDING
To reposition Akwa Ibom as an aviation hub in Africa, a new international terminal building with intelligence and smart building standard is underway.
Its features will make it the best African airport terminal when completed. They features are:
- A digital self check-in by a robot pre-planned before Covid-19
- Five bridges, staircases and seven lifts.
- Four escalators, pressure sensitive and only move when a passenger is detected.
- Special roof that can last up to 200 years without changing colour, was conceptualized for the project.
- Very high security architecture .
6.Finger print digital pass or card pass.
7. A sick bay and staff lodge.
8. Four methods of fire prevention: fire extinguishers, fire water sprinkler system, fire detectors, FM 200 ie automated fire suppression system.
9.To accommodate one million passengers per year
10. Occupies a total area of about 30,000 square meters.
With the ongoing international terminal building that will be completed in December next year, the second runway and other facilities, there is a deliberate reinvention of the aviation story in the State.
I love #MrUdomEmmanuel because he thinks #AkwaIbomFirst