National Sales Manager: A Key Role in Driving Business Growth
National Sales Managers play a vital role in any organization, leading sales activities on a national scale, driving revenue growth, and aligning sales strategies with regional market dynamics. They coordinate sales strategies and ensure alignment with overall business objectives, and their leadership in managing regional sales teams supports consistent sales performance and market presence.
Key responsibilities of a National Sales Manager:
- Develop and implement sales strategies to maximize secondary channel coverage in an assigned region.
- Create and submit sales projections and agree on sales and marketing objectives with the Head of Sales.
- Design and execute trade promotion and marketing campaigns and determine channel growth strategies.
- Drive sales across all regional sales through a sales team to achieve sales, availability, and visibility goals.
- Ensure a healthy return on investment for all primary channel partners by maximizing secondary channel sales within their respective territories.
- Keep track of distributors’ turnover and stock levels monthly to ensure all SKUs are stocked and that distributors meet their monthly goals.
- Monitor and manage the cost of point-of-sale (POS) and promotional materials through optimal use.
- Monitor distributors across the region for their storage practices and facilities to ensure zero spoilage.
- Establish strong relationships and collaborate closely with all distributors within an area to optimize their sales volume and avoid loss of sales personnel.
- Ensure that all marketing and promotional activities across the regions are in line with ABP and implemented promptly and on budget.
- Create and implement a plan of action for the monthly goal.
- Assist in the recruiting, training, and development of sales roles.
- Advise senior management of competitive pricing, promotions, sales trends, and other competitive activity as well as a reasonable action.
- Acquire new accounts and new distribution outlets across the regions.
- Monitor retail outlets performance and advise management on brand sales to facilitate growth opportunities.\
Qualifications for a National Sales Manager:
- 6+ years of sales and operations management experience, with a minimum of 3 years experience as a manager.
- Networking abilities and the capacity to form strategic alliances.
- Bachelor’s degree/HND holder
- Experience with FMCG/building materials
- Must be open to travel across all regions
National Sales Managers play a critical role in driving business growth by:
- Developing and implementing sales strategies that align with the organization’s overall business objectives.
Leading and motivating a team of sales professionals to achieve sales goals and targets.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key customers and partners.
- Analyzing market trends and developing strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, consider a role as a National Sales Manager. With the right skills and experience, you can make a significant impact on the success of any organization.