Nigerian Army Recruitment Process: A Step-by-Step Guide
The Nigerian Army has announced the commencement of the 86 Regular Recruits Intake (RRI) for Non-Tradesmen and women. Shortlisted candidates will participate in the State Recruitment Screening Exercise scheduled to be held from November 6 to 19, 2023.
To apply for the Nigerian Army recruitment, you must:
- Be a single Nigerian citizen by birth
- Possess a National Identity Card/NIN slip
- Possess a valid birth certificate/age declaration
- Be medically, physically, and psychologically fit
- Be not less than 1.68 meters and 1.65 meters tall for male and female candidates, respectively
- Be free of any criminal conviction
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin
- Be not less than 18 years or more than 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, while tradesmen/women must not be more than 26 years as at the time of application
- Possess at least a minimum of 4 passes in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB
How to apply
- Visit the Nigerian Army recruitment portal at recruitment.army.mil.ng
- Create an account with your full name and e-mail address
- Log on to the above-mentioned link using the username and password
- Read and follow the instructions carefully
- Click on Apply Now
- Enter your details correctly
- You will receive a Mail upon successful registration
- Open a new tab and sign in to your Email Address
- Open the Mail sent to you by the Nigerian Army
- Click on the first link in the Mail
- The link will redirect you to the online application form
- Fill in the application form and attach your credentials where required
- Complete the application form, submit it online and print a copy. Then, print and complete the Guarantor Form as appropriate.
Required documents for the recruitment exercise
- Birth certificate or age declaration
- Guarantor Form
- Certificate of state of origin
- Passport photograph
- Educational certificates
- A Printout of the online application form
Tips for success
- Ensure that you meet all of the eligibility requirements before applying.
- Fill in the application form carefully and accurately.
- Attach all of the required documents.
- Submit your application on or before the deadline.
The Nigerian Army recruitment process is competitive, but it is possible to be successful if you meet all of the requirements and follow the instructions carefully. I wish you the best of luck in your application!