The United Nations (UN) is currently recruiting for a variety of positions. The recruitment process is open to all eligible candidates, regardless of gender, nationality, or religion.
To be eligible for a position at the UN, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid passport
- Meet the specific requirements of the position you are applying for
The qualifications required for each position will vary depending on the nature of the role. However, most positions will require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and relevant experience.
Available job openings
A list of all available job openings can be found on the United Nations Careers Portal . Some of the currently available positions include:
- Senior Programme Management Officer
- Secretary to the Commission
- Chief of Environment and Development Policy Section
- Finance and Budget Officer
- Programme Management Officer
- Investment Officer
- Public Information Officer
- Principal Programme Management Officer
- Senior Human Rights Officer
- Director, Information Centre
- Scientific Affairs Officer
- Senior Political Affairs Officer
- Senior Interpreter
- Regional Subprogamme Coordinator – Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Associate Human Resources Officer
How to apply
To apply for a position at the UN, Visit the United Nations Careers Portal and create an account. Once you have created an account, you can search for job openings and submit your application.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips to help you succeed in your application for a position at the UN:
- Carefully read the job description, requirements, and qualifications to ensure that you meet the criteria for the position.
- Tailor your CV and cover letter to each position you apply for.
- Highlight your skills, experience, and qualifications in your CV and cover letter.
- Proofread your CV and cover letter carefully before submitting your application.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your skills, experience, and qualifications during the interview process.
The UN is a great place to work for talented and motivated individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the world. If you are interested in applying for a position at the UN, be sure to visit United Nations Careers Portal and start your application process today.