World Health Organization Recruitment 2023: How to Apply
The World Health Organization (WHO) is recruiting talented and passionate people to work for health.
To be eligible for a WHO professional position, you must have:
- Effective teamwork and communication skills.
- A proficiency in English and good working knowledge of a second UN language.
- An understanding of policy issues and a keen interest in public health.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience at the national and international levels in your area of expertise.
- A university degree as well as a postgraduate specialization in a health- or management-related field, relevant to WHO’s work.
- Must have 1 to 15 years of relevant experiences
To be eligible for a WHO general service position, you must have
- A secondary, technical or commercial school education.
- A very good command of one official language. Knowledge of a second and third language is an added advantage.
How To Apply
To apply for a WHO position, visit the official WHO Careers portal and follow the instructions below:
- Create an account on the WHO Careers portal.
- Search for the position you are interested in and click on the “Apply” button.
- Review the job description and entry requirements carefully.
- Complete the online application form and attach your CV and other supporting documents.
- Submit your application and wait for further instructions.
- The WHO recruitment process can take several months, so it is important to be patient and submit your application as soon as possible.
Why work for WHO?
WHO offers a dynamic and international work environment with a multi-cultural workforce, opportunities for professional development and a competitive remuneration package. WHO also has a mobility policy to give staff the opportunity to gain experience in different parts of the world.
WHO offers professionals a unique opportunity to contribute to saving lives and support people’s health worldwide. Candidates appointed to an international fixed-term position with WHO may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
Step 1: Create an account
- Go to the WHO career page: http://www.who.int/careers
- Click on “Vacancies – external candidates access”
- Click on “Sign In”
- Click on “New user”
- Read and accept the Privacy Agreement
- Enter your username, email address, and password
- Click on “Register”
Step 2: Complete your general profile
- Once you have created an account, click on the down arrow next to your name and then click on “Profile”
- Click on the “My Jobpage” tab
- Click on the “Access my profile” button
- On the “Job Search” tab, find the vacancy titled “General Profile” and click on the “Apply” button
- Under the “My Jobpage” tab, enter information in the following sections:
- Personal information
- Eligibility questions
- Job specific questions
- Work profile (Click “Add/Update entry” to add or modify records)
- Cover letter e-Signature (for external candidates only)
- After you have completed a section of your profile, click on one of the following options:
- Click “Save and continue” to move to the next section
- Click “Save as Draft” to complete your profile at a later time
Step 3: Search for vacancies
On the search bar at the top of the page, enter a keyword or location or both. Click on “Search”
Refine the search results by selecting the check-boxes at the left side of the page. The filters include location, job field and function, job type, etc.
Rearrange the order of the search results by selecting the options below the search bar
Step 4: Apply for a vacancy
- Click on the job title to view the full details of the position
- Click on “Apply Online” to begin the application process
- Review that the information in your profile is true before you submit your application